If you want to reserve your ADULT seat for the upcoming Sunday, click the button below.
(When the service is filled up, reservations will not be available).
Scroll down for more information about our in-person onsite service.
Highway is open for in-person services as long as current pandemic protocols are followed - You are invited to join us.
Information you need to know:
Service time is 10:30 a.m.
We will be following all the guidelines from Toronto Public Health and the Ontario Government. We are doing this because we want to make the Highway building a "safer" place.
For those who do not feel comfortable coming into the building at this time, we will continue to provide an online service every Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
If you plan to attend you will have to register for each service ahead of time (before Sunday at noon). You can do this by clicking the "RESERVE YOUR ADULT SPOT" area on our website. We also have our children's ministry live and onsite. You will also need to reserve a spot for your child. To do that, just click the button that says "RESERVE YOUR CHILD'S SPOT".
As we relaunch in-person services, we want you to know that some things will be a little different. Our Sunday in-person experience has been carefully prepared to make Highway a safer place as we come together in community to worship God.
Here are some things that may be a little different:
FAQ #1: WHAT ARE THE SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE OPTIONS?
1. In-person On-Site Service at 10:30 am on Sunday's. (You need to register for the service according to COVID protocols).
2. Online Service – 10:30 am Sunday– through our website.
FAQ #2: DO I NEED T0 LET YOU KNOW THAT I AM COMING TO AN ON-SITE SERVICE?
1. You are required to register in advance to attend by visiting our website and clicking on the appropriate place. It is mandatory that you register everyone in your family who will attend with you. Click the “Add Attendee” button below the box where you put your name. (Registration will close at noon on Saturday, or when the seats are all reserved).
2. You may be required to sit in a pre-designated seat to allow physical-distancing to meet capacity thresholds.
3. If you cannot register via technology, you MUST call the church office (416-267-1189) and leave a message giving your name clearly (first and last), and the names of those attending from your household.
4. Registrations will automatically stop when the seating capacity is full, and is on a first-come first-served basis. Please do not register if you do not plan to attend as you will reserve a seat that will not be used.
FAQ #3: WHO WE RECOMMEND SHOULD NOT YET ATTEND THE LIVE IN-PERSON SERVICE, RATHER SHOULD CONTINUE WITH THE ON-LINE SERVICE OPTION?
1. The vulnerable (i.e. anyone with a compromised immune system, the elderly, etc.).
2. Anyone with COVID-19 or COVID -19 symptoms.
3. Anyone who has been exposed to someone that has COVID-19 or is being tested for COVID-19.
4. Anyone with a temperature, cough or flu symptoms within the last 72 hours.
5. If you have been out of the country, or been exposed to anyone who was outside the country in the last 14 days.
FAQ #4: WILL I BE EXPECTED TO WEAR A MASK IF I ATTEND AN ON-SITE SERVICE?
1. Everyone must wear a mask while in the building, required by the City of Toronto (platform area is the exception).
2. If you don’t own a mask or forget yours, there will be a limited supply of complimentary masks made available while supplies last.
3. Additionally, if you do choose to come with your young children, please be reminded that the Ministry of Health guidelines do not recommend mask wearing for young infants under 2 years of age.
FAQ #5: WHAT SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT ENTERING THE BUILDING AND AUDITORIUM?
1. Doors to the buiding will be opened 20 minutes prior to the beginning of each service
2. There will be “physically distanced” line ups (as needed) when you enter the building.
3. You will be required to give your name and be screened as you enter the building. Please do not be offended if someone asks for your name, our volunteers may not know everyone’s name.
4. Doors to the auditorium will be propped open as you arrive.
5. Please use the hand sanitizing station when entering and exiting the building.
6. The foyer will be used as a hallway for access to get from outside to the auditorium and is not a gathering spot to socialize as we are used to. There will be no chairs or coat racks available in the lobby.
7. You will be directed to the next available seat by an usher. Please understand you will not be able to choose your seat to accomplish physically distance measures. There will be three (3) empty seats left between each family (or bubble) and the others in their row.
8. All families living under the same roof are required to sit together.
FAQ #6: WHAT IS THE SEATING ARRANGEMENT IN THE AUDITORIUM?
1. The rows have been spaced out to abide by the physical distancing guidelines.
2. All households need to allow three empty seats between them and other people in their row.
FAQ #7: WHAT ARE SOME OF THE SANITIZING PRECAUTIONS HIGHWAY IS TAKING?
1. There will be hand sanitizing stations provided.
2. All surfaces will be properly sanitized and wiped down before each service.
FAQ #8: WHAT ARE SOME THINGS THAT WILL NOT BE HAPPENING?
1. Physical contact, such as handshakes, hugs, fist-pumps etc. are prohibited as they breach the social-distancing rules.
2. A printed bulletin will not be provided. Everyone is encouraged to download the “You Version Bible App” to find our Teaching Notes in “Events” each Sunday.
3. There will not be the passing of an offering plate.
4. There will be no seating available in the lobby.
FAQ #9: WHAT AREAS OF THE BUILDING WILL BE OPEN?
1. The Lobby (including the lobby washroom).
2. The Auditorium (including the balcony).
3. The washrooms.
4. Kids Program rooms when they are in session.
FAQ #10: WHAT ARE THE GIVING OPTIONS?
1. Please continue to make use of our online digital giving options by visiting HERE, by using the Tithe.ly App or e-Transfer giving (give@HighwayGospel.ca).
2. An offering plate will not be passed during the service. However, it will be available for those unable to give online and will be located at the back of the auditorium (as you exit). Envelopes and pens will NOT be made available in the seats, please bring your own. PLEASE NOTE: the envelopes and cash will remain untouched for a 72-hour time period imposed due to COVID-19.
FAQ #11: WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT IN THE WORSHIP SERVICE?
1. It will last approximately 75 minutes.
FAQ #12: HOW DO I EXIT THE BUILDING?
1. At the end of the service you will be dismissed by row as directed by an Usher.
2. You must immediately exit the building. Safe distancing socializing can take place outside.
We appreciate your cooperation and adherence to the above guidelines. However, please note that these guidelines are subject to change at any point. Look for any changes or updates on our website (www.HighwayGospel.ca). There you will stay up to date.
Remember to register for Sunday service (in-person) by clicking on the "RESERVE YOUR ADULT SPOT" or "RESERVE YOUR CHILD'S SPOT" button on the main page of our website.